Social networking for romance readers
Win a publishing contract!
Piatkus Entice is offering the exciting opportunity to win one of three publishing contracts for a novel that will be published in summer 2013. We will be accepting entries in the following genres: 1) romance/contemporary women's fiction; 2) historical romance; 3) paranormal romance. One winner from each category will be chosen and their novel will be published as an ebook under the Piatkus Entice imprint.
The winners will be announced the Festival of Romance 2012 Awards on Friday 16th November. To enter you need to submit a one page synopsis, cover blurb, your completed manuscript (double spaced/Times New Roman 12), author biography and photo, and contact information. Entries should be emailed as Word document attachments to: Piatkus.Entice@littlebrown.co.uk with the subject line ‘Piatkus Entice publishing contract’ plus the category to which you are applying, e.g. ‘historical romance’.
The closing date for entries is 30th September 2012. Terms and conditions apply. Please read them before sending in your entry especially as the entries must comply with its requirements.
Terms and conditions
This competition is to win one of three publishing contracts for a novel to be published as an ebook under the Piatkus Entice imprint by Little, Brown Book Group, 100 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DY (“LBBG”). One winner will be chosen from each of the following three genres: 1) romance/contemporary women’s fiction 2) historical romance 3) paranormal romance.
2. To enter the competition entrants must submit:
a one-page synopsis of the plot,
cover blurb (no more than 200 words),
a completed manuscript of 80,000 – 100,000 words which must be double spaced and typed in Times New Roman font, point size 12 and which must be the entrant’s own original work,
their biography and photograph , and
their contact information including their telephone number and email address.
All the material which is submitted must be written in English. Entries should be emailed as Word document attachments to: Piatkus.Entice@littlebrown.co.uk with the subject line ‘Piatkus Entice publishing contract’ plus the category which the entrant wishes to submit their entry for e.g. ‘historical romance’. Any entries which do not comply with all the requirements of this clause will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
3. The competition opens at 9am BST on 7th May 2012 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at midnight BST on 30th September 2012 (the “Closing Date”). All entries must be received between the Opening Date and the Closing Date. Any entries received before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
5. There is no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
6. The Winners’ names will be announced at the Festival of Romance Awards which is scheduled to take place on 16th November 2012 and will be published on LBBG’s website and certain other LBBG websites and social networking feeds and pages on 17th November 2012.
7. Publication of each winning entry by LBBG will be subject to a separate contract (the “Publishing Contract”) between the author of the entry and LBBG. It will also be subject to agreement of the Publishing Contract. If LBBG and a winner of a genre are unable to agree the Publishing Contract, then that person’s entry will not be published at all and LBBG reserves the right to not publish any work in the genre in question or to select another entrant from the qualifying entries in that genre.
8. Each contract will be for all publishing rights worldwide, including all electronic rights. It is intended subject to agreement of the Publishing Contract that the three winning entries will be published as ebooks in the summer of 2013. Notwithstanding Clause 1 LBBG reserves the right to also publish a winning entry in print under the Piatkus imprint and/or to publish a winning entry whether digitally or in print under another imprint published by LBBG. There is no prize money for this competition or any advance payable under the contract, though royalties will be paid to the author in accordance with the Publishing Contract.
9. The submission must contain the entrant’s own original work. Nothing must be included which is defamatory, private or in infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s right. The material cannot have been previously published or be available online. If the submission includes any material in which a third party owns the copyright or any other right such as a poem or song lyrics, permission must be sought from the owner by the entrant. LBBG reserves the right to ask for the permission(s) before entering into the Publishing Contract. Entrants must be free to enter into the Publishing Contract and must not be subject to any constraints which would prevent LBBG from publishing the work such as (but not limited to) a contractual option given to another publisher. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the competition and from winning any prize.
10. The competition is open to anyone in the UK aged 18 or over except employees of Little, Brown Book Group, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
11. Only one entry per person is allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
12. LBBG is not responsible for contacting entrants who provide unclear or incomplete contact information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
13. LBBG reserves the right to alter the prize, to not select any winners at all or for any genre or to cancel the competition without notice.
15. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. This competition is being organised by LBBG.